Shing-Jong Lin, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.C.
+886 - 2 - 28712121 / ext. 7578
POSITION TITLE / AFFILIATIONS
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Ting CT, Brin KP, Lin SJ, Wang SP, Chang MS, Chiang BN, Yin FCP. Arterial hemodynamics in human hypertension. J Clin Invest 1986;78:1462-1471.
- Lin SJ, Jan KM, Weinbaum S, Chien S. Transendothelial transport of low density lipoprotein in association with cell mitosis in rat aorta. Arterioscler (Thromb Vasc Biol)1989;9:230-236.
- Lin SJ, Jan KM, Chien S. The role of dying endothelial cells in transendothelial macromolecular transport. Arterioscler (Thromb Vasc Biol) 1990;10:703-709.
- Lin SJ, Hong CY, Chang MS, Chiang BN, Chien, S. Increased aortic endothelial cell death and enhanced transendothelial macromolecular transport in streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Diabetologia 1993;36:926-930.
- Chen YH, Chen YL, Lin SJ*, Chou CY, Mar GY, Chang MS, Wang SP. Electron microscopic studies of phenotypic modulation of smooth muscle cells in coronary arteries of patients with unstable angina pectoris and postangioplasty restenosis.Circulation 1997;95:1169-1175.
- Feng AN, Chen YL, Chen YT, Ding YZ, Lin SJ*. Red wine inhibits MCP-1 expression and modestly reduces neointimal hyperplasia following balloon injury in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Circulation 1999;100:2254-2259.
- Chen YH, Chau LY, Lin MW, Chen LC, Yo MH, Chen JW, Lin SJ*. Heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter microsatellite polymorphism is associated with angiographic restenosis after coronary stenting. Eur Heart J 2004;25:39-47.
- Lin SJ, Shyue SK, Liu PL, Chen YH, Ku HH, Chen JW, Tam KB, Chen YL. Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of catalase attenuates oxLDL-induced apoptosis in humen aortic endothelial cells via AP-1 and C-jun N-terminal kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol2004;36:129-39.
- Lin SJ, Shyue SK, Hung YY, Chen YH, Ku HH, Chen JW, Tam KB, Chen YL. Superoxide dismutase inhibits the expression of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 induced by TNFα in human endothelial cells via the JNK/p38 pathways. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol2005;25: 334-340.
- Leu HB, Chen JW, Lin SJ. Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells. N Engl J Med2005;353:2613-2616.
- Shih CM, Lin SJ*, Su YY, Shih CC. Amorphous oxide—a platform for drug delivery. J Control Release 2005;102:539-549.
- Huang PH, Chen LC, Leu HS, Ding YA, Chen JW, Wu TC, Lin SJ*. Enhanced coronary calcification determined by electron beam computed tomography is strongly related to endothelial dysfunction in patients with suspected coronary artery disease. Chest2005;128: 810-815.
- Lin FY, Chen YH, Tsai JS, Chen JW, Yang TL, Wang SJ, Li CY, Chen YL, Lin SJ*. Endotoxin induces Toll-like receptor 4 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells via NADPH oxidase activation and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2006;26:2630-2637.
- Lin FY, Chen YH, Lin YW, Tsai JS, Chen JW, Chen YL, Li CY, Lin SJ*. The role of human antigen R, an RNA-binding protein, in mediating the stabilization of Toll-like receptor 4 mRNA induced by endotoxin: a novel mechanism involved in vascular inflammation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2006;26:2622-2629.
- Lin SJ, Shyue SK, Shih MC, Chu TH, Chen YH, Ku HH, Chen JW, Tam KB, Chen YL. Superoxide dismutase and catalase inhibit oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced human aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation: Role of cell-cycle regulation, mitogen-activated protein kinases, and transcription factors. Atherosclerosis 2007;190:124-134.
- Huang PH, Chen YH, Chen YL, Wu TC, Chen JW, Lin SJ*. Vascular endothelial function and circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patients with cardiac syndrome X. Heart 2007;93:1064-70.
- Wu TC, Chen YH, Leu HB, Chen YL, Lin FY, Lin SJ*, Chen JW. Carvedilol, a pharmacological antioxidant, inhibits neointimal matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 in experimental atherosclerosis. Free Radic Biol Med 2007;43:1508-1522.
- Chen YH, Chau LY, Chen CW, Lin SJ*. Serum Bilirubin and Ferritin Levels Link Between Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Promoter Polymorphism and Susceptibility to Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Care 2008;31:1615-1620.
- Wang SH, Lin SJ, Chen YH, Lin FY, Shih JC, Wu CC, Wu HL, Chen YL. Late outgrowth endothelial cells derived from Wharton’s jelly in human umbilical cord reduce neointimal formation after vascular injury: involvement of pigment epithelium-derived factor.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2009;816-22.
- Huang PH, Chen YH, Wang CH, Chen JS, Tsai HY, Lin FY, Lo WY, Wu TC, Sata M, Chen JW, Lin SJ.* Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is essential for ischemia-induced neovascularization by modulating bone marrow-derived endothelialprogenitor cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2009;1179-84.
- Huang PH, Chen YH, Tsai HY, Chen JS, Wu TC, Lin FY, Sata M, Chen JW, Lin SJ.* Intake of red wine increases the number and functional capacity of circulating endothelial progenitor cells by enhancing nitric oxide bioavailability.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2010;30:869-77.
- Huang PH, Huang SS, Chen YH, Lin CP, Chiang KH, Chen JS, Tsai HY, Lin FY, Chen JW, Lin SJ.* Increased circulating CD31+/annexin V+ apoptotic microparticles and decreased circulating endothelial progenitor cell levels in hypertensive patients with microalbuminuria. J Hypertens 2010;28:1655-65.